- Protection – Always protect yourself psychically; meditate and ask your guides to help you communicate.
- Photo – Use a photo for best results. A connection is best created if the eyes of the animal are looking at you or are at least visible.
- Ask Permission – Ask permission to talk and approach gently. Imagine sending healing energy, love and the desire to communicate.
- Simple Questions – Start with simple questions, such as “what is your favorite treat?”, “What things do you like to do?”
- How The Thoughts Come Back – The communication seems like your own thoughts, with emotions and images but with their personality. As if you are ‘in their shoes’.
- When You Know You Are Connected – A good sign to know your are in tune;
Emotions That Are Foreign To You – Emotion that you wouldn’t normally experience, such as getting excited at bacon strips. That you feel like you have stepped into their body.
Seeing From The Animals Prospective – Seeing thoughts physically from the animal’s point of view such as being small and looking at feet.
Speed – The message comes back to you at lightening speed, sometimes before you’ve finished the question. There is no straining for an answer.
Unusual Answers – That the answers are quirky little details that you wouldn’t normally think of, that surprise you.
- Ask Some General Questions – Ask general questions, such as “Do you have any toys?”. The purpose of this is to confirm details with your client so that you know if their animal is really there. It is usually not the big events that are important, rather small instances that will identify the pet.
- Alive Or Passed-On – Usually I will get a feeling if the animal is alive or passed over but not always. Cats can also be illusive, since they seem to wander in and out of their bodies when they are alive.
- Name – Sometimes a name will “pop into my head”. This might be a little off, but sound similar or the same initial. Such as “Fleesie” when it is “Fluffy”.
- Health – If the client has a health question, first ask the animal if they have any issues. If they don’t offer anything, then I do a ‘body scan’ mentally. Any issues that come up, I ask if they want me to send Reiki healing. Sometimes they will know the medical terms and sometimes not but they know what is wrong with them, what will make them feel better and even if they are not going to get better.
- Behavioral “Problems” – Don’t expect a ‘problem’ to be resolved because they have communicated why they are doing something. You still have to work through the issue and many times it’s the owner that needs to make a change.
- Owners Projecting The Wrong Images – Animals pick up on our thoughts and we can be sending subconsciously the wrong ‘message’.
- They Know Future Events – They seem to be aware of conversations they hear but also conversations they are not present for. They can also predict future events and are aware of things going on in their owners’ lives.
- Past And Future Lives – The same pet may reincarnate in your lifetime.
- Tracking A Lost Pet – It is useful to learn some communicating techniques in case your pet gets lost so that if they do, you can try to locate them.
my book “How to Talk to Your Pets: Animal Communication for Dogs, Cats & Other Critters.” http://www.amazon.com/author/gailthackray